From the history of the mattress Automatic translate
Looking back centuries, we see that even our distant ancestors understood that sleeping without bedding was uncomfortable. Great-great-great-grandfather of modern mattresses was animal skin. It was her bedding for sleep. Interestingly, even modern doctors, assessing the level of healthy sleep, consider animal skin one of the best options.
Some facts from history
- The word "mattress" (mattress) comes from the Arabic "throw", "the place where it is sketched." The Arabs in their tents, before going to bed, threw pillows and mattresses into the corner, calling this place a mattress.
- The Persians acted differently. They sewed goat skins and filled them with water. Sleeping was very comfortable. Moreover, mattresses filled with liquid are used now.
- The Egyptians used palm branches as a surface for sleeping, which fit in a certain way. Sometimes these palm beds were enclosed, sometimes not. Such beds needed constant replacement: insects and other living creatures easily got into them.
- The inventors of the closest relative of our mattresses were the Romans. It was they who decided that it was best to sew a fabric cover and stuff it with something soft. Hay, reed, wool and feathers were used as filler. Such recreational facilities were very expensive. Only rich and noble people could afford it. Ordinary people slept on a thin litter.
- In Europe, the mention of the first mattresses dates back to the 15th century. The cover was sewn of coarse strong fabrics, stuffed with pea husks in the middle. From above, such a device for sleeping was covered with velvet, silk, and brocade. Naturally, it all cost a lot of money. Sleeping on such splendor could only know.
All of the listed devices have not yet thought up to put on the bed. They were laid right on the floor and enjoyed a comfortable sleep. The mattress hit the bed only in the 16th century.
Feathers were especially popular in Russia. They were made from feathers of poultry. Any girl, getting married, had to have a hand made feather bed.
Birth of a modern orthopedic mattress
The orthopedic mattress contains the so-called “memory foam”. It was this invention that was used in order to achieve one of its main functions in the surface for sleeping: to give the vacationer comfort, corresponding to the shape of his body.
A memory foam is latex, the filler that is being used now. He is able to reproduce the shape of the body, thereby reducing the load on those parts of the body that experience the greatest pressure during sleep.
Latex rubber was discovered by Gaudière back in 1829. 100 years have passed when latex foam was invented. The use of this discovery in the production of mattresses required the work of scientists for another 62 years.
In 1991, the first orthopedic mattress appeared on the market. He gave the buyer
- comfort and convenience
- insomnia prevention
- reduction of pain in the back and joints,
- improved blood circulation,
- deep relaxation of the whole organism.
This made his popularity well deserved. Very little time has passed and it became possible for a wide range of consumers to buy orthopedic mattresses of any brand. Now it is this product that most meets modern desires, both in terms of environmental friendliness and health, as well as in terms of comfort and durability.
Modern mattresses, the prices of which correspond to the average and high level, are equipped with aerators. These are special openings that are responsible for ventilation and air circulation. For materials, reputable companies use only environmentally friendly components: high-quality non-toxic materials.