The Epoch of Rembrandt and Vermeer. Masterpieces of the Leiden Collection automatic translate
с 28 Марта
по 22 Июля
Главное здание ГМИИ им. А.С. Пушкина, Белый зал
ул. Волхонка, 12
At the exhibition "The Epoch of Rembrandt and Vermeer. Masterpieces of the Leiden Collection "exhibits paintings belonging to a couple of collectors from New York to Thomas and Daphne Kaplan. Passionately in love with the creations of Rembrandt and his contemporaries (hence the name of their collection - the Leiden collection), the wife of Kaplan for the past 15 years, thanks to tireless searches based not only on available financial opportunities, but also exceptionally happy collector’s fortune, in a relatively short time to collect an amazing collection of works by old Dutch masters, among which, of course, are selected several paintings by Rembrandt, as well as the works of Frans Hal sa and Jan Vermeer of Delft.
Nowadays, when the works of the geniuses of the old (classical) art have long been distributed among the largest museums and private collections that have long historical roots, the Kaplan spouses have undertaken and successfully carried out a seemingly unsolvable task: to collect a fairly representative and diverse selection of paintings by Rembrandt, Frans Hals and Jan Vermeer of Delft, as well as the numerous works of Leiden painters so adored by them - representatives of the so-called elegant painting (fijnschilderei). Thomas Kaplan managed to acquire almost all the authentic paintings of the great Dutchman, who appeared on the international antiquarian market in the 21st century. And not only the work of Rembrandt, but also of many of his outstanding contemporaries.
Curator: Vadim Sadkov, head of the art department of old masters.
- The exhibition of works from the Leiden collection beat the attendance record
- The Tretyakov Gallery presents the graphics of A.L. Kaplan
- Graphics by Anatoly Kaplan in the National Art Museum of Belarus
- Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts presented visitors with a picture with a detective story
- May 17 in the Night at the Museum in theaters of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Novosibirsk and Voronezh, will show three documentary films about Vermeer, Munch and Manet