Interior design: photo wallpaper Automatic translate
A simple design trick evoking the imagination, photowall-paper, easily changes the whole understanding of the interior. With them, an ordinary children’s "turns" into a fairy kingdom. A tiny bathroom "becomes" a wide shore of a vast ocean.
What do the best photo wallpapers make of?
- Washable vinyl stays neat for a long time. Their rather bright colors retain their beauty for a long time. A random stain is most often erased without a trace with a damp cloth.
- Paper versions are usually preferred by amateurs to often change the aesthetic decision of their interior. Such wallpapers are not too durable, hygroscopic. It’s difficult, sometimes it’s impossible to remove stains. But, having undergone minimal chemical processing, the paper releases less harmful substances into the atmosphere of the room. This option is perfect, for example, for the nursery, in which the young artist grows.
- With the use of non-woven fabric, a sufficiently durable waterproof material. Available in two versions. This can be a wallpaper, consisting of several pressed layers of non-woven. More popular is another version of the photo wallpaper, on a non-woven basis. The layer carrying the image in this case can be paper (for children), PVC (for kitchens and other wet rooms) or textile (for living rooms, bedrooms).
- On the fabric. The basis can be canvas, viscose, linen or silk fabric, combined with a wrong paper or non-woven layer. This is the most luxurious and expensive type of wallpaper. High environmental friendliness is provided by natural materials of the front layer.
- To decorate bathrooms and pools, a photographic picture can be applied to ceramic, glass or plastic tiles.
In what rooms are wallpapers suitable?
- The living room is the place for the most impressive photo wallpaper experiments. This is a recreation area. Therefore, here you can find a variety of images. For example, a city landscape.
- The bedroom requires more privacy. For the design of such a room, natural landscapes in soft colors, flowers displayed in soft colors are suitable.
- Children’s. The fairy-tale world of this room can be inhabited by cartoon characters and fairy tales. Wallpaper reflecting hobbies of a resident of this room can depict, for example, ships on the expanses of the ocean. It is important to timely change the "pictures" in this room. So that they, as it were, “grow” along with its inhabitants.
- Entrance hall and cramped corridors. Visually “pushing” and “lighting” them will help light “spacious” landscapes with a good perspective.
- Bathroom. Relaxing marine subjects prevail here.
- Kitchen. A small room can be "expanded" with a landscape, a terrace, an "exit" to the garden.
- Dining room. Nothing should interfere with the direct purpose of this corner of the house. Here you can often find large or small images of fruits and vegetables. Suitable orchards, wine barrels or streets of ancient cities, turning the dining area into a kind of cafe.
- Cabinet. The working mood should reign here. Depending on the character of the owner of this room, the image may be bright, tonic. Or muffled, pacifying.
Caution! Wall murals are much harder to remove from the room or replace with others than a more convenient picture or photograph to carry. Therefore, it is important to choose the image, coexistence with which will be quite comfortable.
How big can the image be?
- Most often, there are wide landscapes covering the entire area of the wall, photographs of interesting interiors.
- Photowall-paper with reproduction of pictures , medium-sized photographs or modular paintings can be an original solution in the design of rooms.
- Narrow, representing vertical or horizontal stripes of photo wallpaper, are very effective.
Color, light and style
A dark room can be lit a bit using murals “filled” with light. A dark image “quenches” even the brightest room. The image on such wallpapers most often takes up a lot of space, so its color scheme will have an effect on the color perception of the entire interior. It is important that the photo wallpaper is combined in color with the entire decor of the room.
The style of the image on them should not conflict with the style chosen for the design of the room. For photo wallpapers, you should choose one of the walls of the room. In order not to distort or break the pattern, most often nothing is hung on it.
Photowall-paper, unlike almost eternal interior bas-reliefs and frescoes, provide a wide enough scope for all kinds of experiments. The attached picture in any room can be relatively easily replaced with a new one. At the same time, they are quite durable. With them, the interior remains creative for a long time.