Methods of expert evaluation of intellectual property automatic translate
The peculiarity of intellectual property is that its objects are not expressed materially, it can be a unique plot of a picture, a model, a logo, a drawing. How to make it so that they give their owners certain rights, protection and possibly profitable? To deal with this issue will help us the legal company«Assistance». The legislation of the Russian Federation establishes the procedure for assessing such facilities, which are carried out only by specialized licensed organizations.
To evaluate intellectual objects means to determine their consumer value and efficiency, based on the novelty of technological and production processes. The result of such an assessment is the establishment of possible profitability of intangible assets.
Selection of the method of peer review
Expert evaluation of the value of intellectual property objects is carried out by specialists who, when choosing the valuation method, proceed from:
- the type of the evaluated object and its purpose;
- customer requirements assessment (owner, buyer);
- market situation;
- economic development at the time of the assessment;
- provided reliable documentation;
Main methods of peer review
Expert evaluation of these objects is carried out using the main approaches, which include three main methods:
- Profitable. Applicable in the case of the possibility of determining the income that can be obtained from the use or acquisition of rights to a specific intellectual object.
- Comparative. It is used when there are similar objects on the market that can perform the same functions, have similar qualities and are used in the same industry.
- Costly. It is used to estimate the costs that are required to create, acquire or improve an object. The result of such an assessment allows the owner or the buyer to understand whether it is profitable to acquire a new object or not. This method is the most rational and successful.
Experts can choose one suitable method or several different to evaluate the components of a single object.
Expert valuation of shares
Many consider the shares an object of intellectual property, due to the fact that they have no material expression. But by law, shares are securities that support investing in a joint stock company and give the right to receive dividends. Therefore, the valuation of ordinary shares is carried out by other methods than IP objects. For their evaluation, a set of measures is used to objectively examine the value of shares, the ability to pay dividends to the owner, as well as the possibility of increasing their value in the market.
Professional evaluation of intellectual property and shares is very important for large companies. It allows them to expand their capabilities and enter new markets with little or no risk.