Methods of peer review of intellectual property Automatic translate
A feature of intellectual property is that its objects are not materially expressed, it can be a unique plot of a picture, model, logo, drawing. How to make sure that they give their owners certain rights, protection and possibly make a profit? Deal with this issue will help us Law Firm "Assistance." The legislation of the Russian Federation establishes a procedure for evaluating such objects, which is carried out only by specialized licensed organizations.
To evaluate intellectual objects means to determine their consumer value and efficiency, based on the novelty of technological and production processes. The result of this assessment is to establish the possible profitability of intangible assets.
Choosing a peer review method
Expert assessment of the value of intellectual property is carried out by specialists who, when choosing a valuation method, proceed from:
- type of the evaluated object and its purpose;
- customer requirements assessment (owner, buyer);
- market situation;
- economic development at the time of the assessment;
- reliable documentation provided;
The main methods of expert assessment
Expert evaluation of these objects is carried out using the main approaches, which include three main methods:
- Profitable. It is used if it is possible to determine the income that can be obtained from the use or acquisition of rights to a specific intellectual object.
- Comparative. It is used if there are similar objects on the market that can perform the same functions, possess similar qualities and are used in the same industry.
- Costly. It is used to assess the costs that are required to create, acquire or improve an object. The result of such an assessment allows the owner or buyer to understand whether it is profitable to purchase a new object or not. This method is the most rational and successful.
Experts can choose one suitable method or several different ones for evaluating the components of a single object.
Expert Valuation of Shares
Many people consider stocks an object of intellectual property, due to the fact that they do not have material expression. But by law, stocks are securities that confirm the investment in a joint-stock company and give the right to receive dividends. Therefore, the valuation of ordinary shares is carried out by other methods than IP objects. For their assessment, a set of measures is used to objectively examine the value of shares, the ability to bring dividends to the owner, and the possibility of increasing their value in the market.
A professional valuation of intellectual property and stocks is very important for large companies. It allows them to expand the scope of their capabilities and enter new markets with virtually no reasonable risks.