Non-childish premiere of "Zverushkiny Stories" Automatic translate
In the Crimean State Theater for Young Spectators, "Zverushkiny Stories" based on the play of the same name by the famous American playwright Don Nigro are being released. This is what the director of this performance, Sergei Novikov, told us a week before the premiere:
- Last year in the Crimean Youth Theater there was a reading of "Zverushkin’s stories". Why was it decided a year later to turn it into a performance?
- Reading is always a kind of verification of the stage material. As a rule, a very different audience comes to it. Both regular spectators of the theater and those who have never been to it. We discussed this text with the audience for a long time after the show. And we heard very different responses. But all of them absolutely agreed on one thing: this is deep and important material and the play must be staged. Covid prevented us from making the premiere earlier, but now, a year later, on March 27, on International Theater Day, we are releasing this performance.
- Which of the eleven characters are you most interested in?
- I play in the play. Parrot. But the most interesting role for me in this performance is, of course, Platypus. He has a very poignant monologue about his own ambiguous nature and self-identification. I will not disclose all the details. I will only say that in our performance this role will be played by the wonderful actress Marina Shchetinina.
Another favorite character of mine is the Mouse, who fights the temptation to grab cheese in a mousetrap. In the performance of Darina Sharpilo, this role turned out to be one of the brightest, comic and at the same time tragic.
- To call the play with such a childish name is a big risk, because the parents will take their children to the play about “animals”.
- This work has two options for translating the name - animal stories and animal stories. I chose the first one. There is irony and a certain subtext in it. And then the heroes of Don Nigro’s play are very small animals: chipmunks, turkeys, cats. And these cute little animals talk about their huge problems. There is tension in this.
And I would advise the audience to carefully read the poster, the pages of the performances on our website and the posts in the social networks of the theater. This will help you understand a lot about the production, choose what is right for you and what is right for your children.
to advertising revenue.
Turn off Adblock, please!