"Yuri Luzhkov. The lights and shadows of a big city. " The project of Leonid Mlechin on the air of the Public Television of Russia automatic translate
A quarter of a century ago, in 1991, when everything was collapsing and changing in our country, Moscow acquired new leaders. People’s Deputy of the USSR Gavriil Popov became mayor of the city, and vice-mayor - Yuri Luzhkov. Popov quickly withdrew from politics. The post of the mayor was occupied by Luzhkov and headed the capital for eighteen years. As much as Brezhnev - the whole country.
September 21, Yuri Mikhailovich celebrates his 80th birthday. It’s easy to imagine how sumptuously his birthday would be celebrated if he still occupied his chair. But he was long without a job. And a huge host of Luzhkov’s fans melted in an instant. The journalists, artists, artists who fervently sang his deeds disappeared for years. Even those who are indebted to him personally. It is customary for us to turn away from the disgraced politician and abuse him with the last words.
Public television in Russia does not follow this tradition. It is not proper to pay tribute to the person who played such an important role in our life. Leonid Mlechin in the program «Remember All» tells about what Luzhkov did in Moscow, what he did, why his attitude towards him changed over time, and he lost his post...
Timing: 26 min.
Time to air: OTR. Time to air: September 25 - 11:00
- "Country of Blue Sky"
- Exposición ’Arte imposible e ilusiones ópticas en la técnica del esmalte’
- Exhibition ’Soul Palette’ in the Central House of Artists
- In the Ivanovo drama appeared ’King Lear’ in the reading of the director from Georgia
- The anniversary of the Winter Theater was solemnly celebrated in the city of Sochi
- Kichedzhi and Tsereteli contribute to the creation of a new museum in St. Petersburg