In the regional drama theater, Penza staged a play by Edward Albee "What happened at the zoo" Automatic translate
PENZA. The first viewers to see on the small stage of the Drama Theater. The Lunacharsky play by Edward Albee, an American playwright, “What Happened at the Zoo,” became members of the press and the most loyal fans of the theater. They were invited to a dress rehearsal on December 3rd. This play has been over fifty years old, but the theme of loneliness raised in it is much more relevant today than when it was written.
“What happened at the zoo” is a play well known to Russian theatergoers. It has been staged in many theaters. For Anatoly Ivanov, Honored Artist of the Russian Federation, this play was the first directorial work in the Penza Drama Theater. For almost twenty years, the artist played in the troupe of the Theater in the Southwest, the repertoire of which also included this performance. One of the characters in the play was played by the head of the theater, Valery Belyakovich.
The production created by Anatoly Ivanov is dedicated to Valery Belyakovich. Work on the creation of the play in the theater began in mid-October. When creating the play, Anatoly Nikolayevich was a director, set designer, and also the author of costumes. The director’s work did not become an obstacle to appearing on the scene in the role of Jerry, whose tragic loneliness makes him start a conversation over and over again with the first person he met. The second character in the play, Peter, is played by Sergei Pakhomov.
Officially, the performance will be presented to the public on December 5 and 6. The content of the play, which shows the immense loneliness of a modern person, enclosed in his own world, cannot leave the audience indifferent. Therefore, the actors plan after each of the performances shown to invite the audience to discuss it. They are ready to listen to the opinion of the public about their work, to express their impressions.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The opening of the new season in Vladimir drama was dedicated to Stanislavsky
- Philip Colbert Hummerland
- Ausflug zur Ausstellung "Bob Colbrener. Warum Natur?"
- The return of film relics at the festival "White Pillars"
- Sausage / Slices in the center of Meyerhold
- The plays of Nina Sadur and Eward Albee in the play "Unforgettable Dating"
- In the Nizhny Novgorod Theater "Comedy" premiered the play "The Taming of the Shrew"
- In the Moscow Art Theater. Gorky held the premiere of "Hamlet", staged by Valery Belyakovich