In the regional drama theater of Penza, Edward Albee’s play ’What happened in the zoo’ Automatic translate
PENZA. The first spectators who saw on the small stage of the Drama Theater. Lunacharsky play Edward Albee, an American playwright, «What happened in the zoo,» were the press and the most loyal fans of the theater. They were invited to the dress rehearsal, which took place on December 3rd. This play is more than fifty years old, but the theme of loneliness, touched on in it, is much more relevant today than it was at the time it was written.
«What happened in the zoo» is a play well familiar to Russian theater-goers. It was staged in many theaters. For Anatoly Ivanov, Honored Artist of Russia, this play was the first directing work in the Penza Drama Theater. The actor played for almost twenty years in the troupe of the «Theater in the Southwest», in the repertoire of which there was also this performance. One of the characters of the play was played by the head of the theater, Valery Belyakovich.
Valery Belyakovich is dedicated to the production, created by Anatoly Ivanov. Work on creating a performance in the theater began in mid-October. When creating the play, Anatoly Nikolayevich was the director, stage designer, and also the author of the costumes. The director’s work did not interfere with the appearance on the scene in the role of Jerry, whose tragic loneliness makes him time after time to start a conversation with the first person he met. The second character of the play is Peter, played by Sergei Pakhomov.
Officially, the play will be presented to the public on December 5 and 6. The content of the play, which shows the immense solitude of a modern man, closed in his own world, can not leave spectators indifferent. Therefore, the actors plan after each of the performances shown, invite the audience to discuss it. They are ready to listen to the opinion of the public about their work, to give their impressions.
- Opening of the new season in the Vladimir drama dedicated to Stanislavsky
- Philip Colbert Homard Pays
- Excursión a la exposición ’Bob Colbrener. ¿Por qué la naturaleza? ’
- Return of film revels at the festival ’White pillars’
- "Sausage / Fragments" in the center of Meyerhold
- The plays of Nina Sadur and Evard Albee in the play ’Unforgettable Dating’
- The premiere of the performance ’The Taming of the Shrew’ was held in the Nizhny Novgorod theater ’Comedy’
- In the Moscow Art Theater. Gorky premiered the ’Hamlet’, staged by Valery Belyakovich