Moscow hosted the I Festival Festival Automatic translate
MOSCOW. From December 20 to 24, the Festival of Festivals was held for the first time in Moscow - a film forum at which domestic film-prize-winners of the 2014 national and foreign film festivals were presented to the capital’s audience.
The organizers planned a movie screening specifically at the end of the year with the goal of summing up and ending the festival year. The venues for it were 7 Moscow cinema "Cinema associations for children and youth": "Salute", "Birch", "Youth", "Flight", "Pennant", "Youth" and "Spark". In total, during four festival days, the capital’s audience watched 55 films that became festival hits of the year and won prizes of Russian and international film festivals.
The main program of the show was divided into 5 competitive programs: “The main competition” (youth film competition), “Animation films competition”, “Documentary films competition”, “Short film competition” and “Cinema for the whole family” competition. On December 24, the winner in each category was announced at the closing ceremony.
So, the prize “For the best youth film” in the category “Main Competition” was awarded to Ivan Tverdovsky’s film “Correction Class”. She was a picture of the opening and the first competitive screening of the festival.
The best film for family viewing was recognized as the military drama "The Purpose of Seeing" directed by Evgeny Sokurov. The short story “Biryusa” from the almanac “The Great Rivers of Siberia”, directed by Pavel Fattakhutdinov, became a laureate in the nomination “Documentary Film Competition”. The cartoon of Vladimir Toropchin “Ivan Tsarevich and the Gray Wolf-2” became the best animated film of the 1st Festival of Festivals. In the category “Short meter competition”, the prize was received by the novel “Hello, baby!” Directed by Sergei Khramykh.
After the award ceremony, the premiere of Vera Glagoleva’s film “Two Women” took place. All shows were free. The second Festival of Festivals will be held in December 2015.
Svetlana Korableva © Gallerix.ru
- New victory of Ivan Tverdovsky at a festival in the Netherlands
- The Eighth New York Festival introduced the best documentaries from Russia
- Tverdovsky’s “Correction Class” won the “Golden Star”
- Berlin begins the Week of Russian cinema
- The return of film relics at the festival "White Pillars"
- Befreie dich von Missverständnissen, denke nach und erinnere dich mit der Hilfe von "2morrow / Tomorrow"
- The film festival "World of Knowledge" will begin on October 20
- The book festival in St. Petersburg continues until late in the evening