Heroes of Dostoevsky’s novels at a theater festival in Veliky Novgorod Automatic translate
VELIKIY NOVGOROD. On November 7, participants in a theater festival dedicated to the work of Dostoevsky will meet in the Novgorod region. For the 18th time, the theaters of various cities will show chamber performances based on the works written by Fyodor Dostoyevsky to the audience of the capital of the Novgorod Region and the city of Staraya Russa.
The festival was first held in 1992. Its founders decided to give an opportunity to exchange experiences with theatrical groups who decided to turn to the work of the great writer. Over the past years, the festival participants were not only famous Russian groups, but also the theaters of many foreign countries.
In the festival programs, performances were shown showing the entire volume of the literary heritage of Dostoevsky, as well as productions based on the biographical facts of the writer’s life. At each of the festivals there is a jury consisting of famous theater experts, critics and directors. In addition to evaluating the performances shown in the festival program, jury members conduct creative laboratories and master classes.
This year’s festival poster features eight performances. Viewers will see not only a classic reading of Dostoevsky’s works, but also experimental productions. The first performance presented at the festival will be the work of the Creative Workshop theater from Petrozavodsk.
They will show a play by the playwright Klimontovich, written by him based on the novel “The Idiot”. The name of the play is “Nastasya Filippovna” - it was this character who became the main character of the Petrozavodsk theater production. Closing of the festival and rewarding of its winners will be held on November 12th. The awards will be five statuettes of "strange people" created by the artist Vyacheslav Smirnov.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Anniversary of Sergei Rachmaninov: from Yakutsk to Kaliningrad
- "Baby by November" - die Premiere des Stückes in Weliki Nowgorod
- En Veliky Novgorod, abrió una nueva exposición del proyecto "Breath of Time"
- Die Aufführung des Kleinen Theaters "Shakespeare’s Night" in Weliki Nowgorod beendete das Festival "Living Shakespeare"
- Residents of Veliky Novgorod for the first time get acquainted with the work of Ilya Glazunov
- In Veliky Novgorod at the exhibition "Private Territory" get acquainted with the legacy of the artist Viktor Danilov
- The Novgorod Art Museum opened an anniversary exhibition of the artist Nikolai Lokotkov