Voronezh Chamber showed at the festival a little-known play by Platonov Automatic translate
YAROSLAVL. The Volkovsky festival taking place in the city became for Yaroslavl theater-goers not only a competition of Russian theaters, but also an opportunity to see performances rarely appearing in the theater repertoire. One of such works was shown on September 22 by the Chamber Theater from Voronezh.
In the festival program, Voronezh artists presented to the audience the director’s work of their leader Mikhail Bychkov - the play “Fools on the Peripherals”, staged based on the play of the same name written by Andrei Platonov in 1928. Although the play was written at the beginning of the last century, it was published recently. For many of the viewers, it was a surprise that the author, known for works with philosophical content, is able to create comedic works.
Usually in the works of Andrei Platonov, the characters are complex and the plot is filled with a tragic attitude. If you think carefully about the events taking place in the play "Fools on the periphery," the situation described by Platonov is quite tragic. Only she is hidden in the depths of the plot. Usually, in his famous works, the author loves the characters he created, and in this play Platonov describes them in a satirical manner, which makes the characters of the play look like characters from Zoshchenko’s stories.
When creating the play, Mikhail Bychkov did not resort to the help of attributes characteristic of Soviet reality, placing the characters of the play outside of historical specificity. The original scenography, created by Yuri Suchkov in collaboration with the director of the play, expands the narrow stage space, allowing the actors to rise above it, as it were. In the play, full of absurd situations, wonderful music from the famous French film “Under the Sand” sounds.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Nizhny Novgorod Drama Theater will head the Art Council in the new season
- "Gronholm Method" - the premiere in the Nizhny Novgorod drama. Gorky
- Drama Theater Kachalova in the new season will receive an updated scene
- Museum them. Kramskoi presented a retrospective of the work of Sergei Romanovich
- Oper "Heimat der Elektrizität". Durch Dornen zum Betrachter
- In Voronezh, the Platonov Arts Festival opened
- At the Platonic Arts Festival, viewers will see twelve performances of various genres
- An exhibition of Alexander Dayneki opened as part of the Platonov Festival