Irkutsk TYUZ closed the season with a performance staged by an Italian director automatic translate
IRKUTSK. In the Youth Theater of. Vampilov’s premiere of the performance «The Deer King», a fairy tale written by the Italian playwright Carlo Gozzi, closed the theatrical season. The production, created by the team that came from Italy, in its spectacular and original approach to the play, went on a par with popular theater performances representing Buryat legends.
Although the stories of such productions as «Heavenly Maiden-Swan» and «Legends of Gray-haired Baikal» are closer to the inhabitants of Siberia, in the play «The Deer King» a story is told that is much more convincing and dramatic. According to the director Ferruccio Merizi, together with the artist Claudia Continin Arlecchino who arrived in Irkutsk from the Italian city of Pardenone, the choice of Gozzi’s play was successful. This was due to the fact that the magic of the fairy tale, invented by the Italian playwright, brings it closer to the legends of the Siberian peoples.
The Italian directors got an opportunity to work with the actors of the Irkutsk TYuZ, thanks to the agreement signed in 2011 on the cultural exchange between the theater school of Pardenone and the Irkutsk theater. Created by Italian masters of bright scenery and unusual costumes, performed in a slightly grotesque manner, you can translate the intricate plot of the performance from the level of everyday to metaphysical.
Irkutsk viewers, who first saw the production in the spirit of comedy del arte, where actors act in masks, as was customary in medieval Venice, were delighted. At the end of the performance, the work of the artists was appreciated by the long applause of the admiring audience. The spectators who did not get to the premiere performance are looking forward to the start of the new season, when the heroes of the wonderful Italian fairy tale will appear again on the stage of the Irkutsk Youth Theater.
- In the theater ’Baltic House’ began a new, anniversary season
- Fans of the Pyotr Fomenko Workshop are waiting for the premiere of the play ’Poplar’
- In the repertoire of the theater. Okhdopkova again appeared a play based on A. Vampilov’s play ’Farewell in June’
- Oleg Tabakov continued his holiday in Saratov, presenting the theater-goers of his native city the play ’The Jubilee of the Jeweler’
- The first theater, which showed its performance at the Vampilov Festival, was the ’Workshop’ from St. Petersburg
- Artists of the Moscow Art Theater. Chekhov brought two performances to Volgograd
- Vampilov Festival in Irkutsk was opened with the Maly Theater performance
- Michelangelo Merisi and Caravaggio (1571-1610)