On the premiere performance of ’Contemporary’ ’The Game of Gin’ were not all automatic translate
MOSCOW. The legendary Sovremennik hosted the long-awaited premiere - the play The Game in Gin, staged by Galina Volchek. Starring theatrical stars are Liya Akhedzhakova, adored by the audience, and the favorite of the audience, as always, is the remarkably elegant Valentin Gaft.
The theaters, who managed to get on December 3, on the day of the premiere to get into Sovremennik, seemed to plunge into the past - a crowd at the entrance consisting of those wishing to purchase an «extra ticket», which no one else had, but everyone, even after the last call, stood in anticipation of a miracle. Celebrities of the theater and business world were in a hurry to take their places to see how the famous theater, no less famous actors will play cards.
This play of American dramatist metropolitan viewers could see thirty years ago, when Galina Volchek, who visited America, presented her along with the right to staging. But in those years all the actors who played in Sovremennik were too young to qualify for such age roles.
The youth leaves, but the real talent blossoms with the years, becoming more and more vivid. The impression of the acting duet Gaft and Akhedzhakova is unforgettable. It seems that every movement, facial expressions, voices, intonations is familiar, however, all this together, superimposed on a new image, gives each of the audience an amazing pleasure.
Inhabitants of the nursing home, Fonsia and Weller, spend their free time playing cards. Simultaneously from their conversation, it turns out that the originally voiced stories of their lives are not too truthful. Loneliness is the main theme of the play. It seems that it should be sad, and the audience dies of laughter. Sad and pensive smiles on their faces appear only at the exit from the theater. It’s impossible to tell about the play - you need to see it with your own eyes.
- Theater ’Contemporary’ met the first spectators of the season in the Palace on Yauza
- The repertoire of ’Contemporary’ will again feature a play ’Two on a swing’
- In ’Contemporary’ congratulated Galina Volchek with a festive ’skit’
- "Contemporary" opens a tour in Novosibirsk with the play "Three Sisters"
- Actress of ’Contemporary’ Liya Akhedzhakova refused jubilee celebrations
- Valentin Gaft and Vladimir Minin presented the audience a joint work
- Performance "Wedding" At the Sovremennik Theater - improvisation from director Yegor Peregudov
- Russian Drama Theater from Yerevan opens the Big Tours project in Kemerovo