Theater "The Sun" immersed the audience in the world of legends from the novels of Chingiz Aitmatov Automatic translate
Khanty-Mansiysk. Theater "Sun", created in 2002, with the aim of developing national theater art, once again pleasantly surprised its fans - it completed the theater season with the premiere of the play.
The heroes of two legends, told in their famous works by the writer Chingiz Aitmatov, forced the audience to hold their breath to look at the stage, empathizing with the story embodied in the production by the director Anna Ksenia Vishnevskaya with the help of the actors of the theater troupe.
The performance was named after one of Aitmatov’s novels, from which the legend about a man who lost his memory was borrowed - “And the day lasts longer than a century”. From the first moments of the performance, the audience plunged into a time when nomadic peoples living in the Sarozek steppe waged brutal wars among themselves.
They didn’t stand on ceremony with the captured enemies - they killed the old, and turned the young captives with terrible torture, depriving them of memory, into weak-willed slaves. Such creatures called mankurts. When one of the captives, who lost her memory, was found by her mother, he easily fulfills the order of the owner - he kills her. “What happens if the memory is taken away from an entire nation”? - every spectator asks himself such a question after the performance.
The second story shown on the stage is based on the legend of the love of a fisherman and Pisces-woman, who did not leave any spectator indifferent. Almost instantly, the scene from the steppe turns into the sea, where the hero of the legend floating in a boat to meet with his love. These amazing scenery was created by artist Pavel Mizyov.
The characters of the play speak their native language, and the audience hears the “voiceover” translation in Russian. This gives the performance a documentary of events. The performance is accompanied by original music performed by exotic instruments.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Russian North" in the Igoshev House - personal exhibition of the Kostroma artist Andrei Zakharov
- The Khanty-Mansiysk Art Museum will receive visitors after reconstruction much earlier than the scheduled date
- "Spirit of Fire" summed up
- Graffiti exhibition - street art within the walls of the Museum of Nature and Man
- An exhibition of the famous graphic artist A. Bakulevsky has opened in Khanty-Mansiysk
- "Time of Kandinsky" - works from the private collection of Irina Stegka in the Ugra Museum
- Exhibition "Road to Victory" opened in honor of the anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad