For the first time in the Bolshoi Theater: Rodelinda Handel, Tuminas and Kulyabin automatic translate
MOSCOW. After 290 years, one of Handel’s best operas was staged on the Russian stage. The premiere of Rodelinda at the Bolshoi Theater.
On the premieres announced for the new season, many more copies will be broken, a couple of triumphs will happen, and no one is insured from the spectator’s «boo-yoo». But boredom in the temple of the arts with a chariot on the pediment in the next six months is not expected. Having enlisted the positive response of the brilliant Tuminas, torn between the theater of Vakhtangov and Maly in Vilnius, Big is looking forward to his «Katerina Izmailov».
Invitation of Timofei Kulyabin to the production of Don Pasquale by Donizetti even before the catastrophe with the Tannhauser is one of the intrigues of the season. To the credit of Vladimir Urin, he did not have an unexpected amnesia or any other plans, canceling the previous agreements. Paying tribute to the talent and creative aspirations of the young director, Urin admits both the probability of great success, and the possibility of relative failure. In one thing, he is sure: to classify a creative person as the «enemy of the people» on the basis of a dubious history with the «Tannhauser» is at least indecent.
The premiere of Rodelind’s beautiful opera Handel in the production of super-demanded Richard Jones (Richard Jones), who reached the Russian stage after 290 years, has already taken place. The action in it was postponed to the middle of the last century, in the scenography the technical achievements of the present century are actively used: online broadcasting and video installation. Co-production with the English National Opera (English National Opera) caused an imminent excitement, expected at all 16 contractual performances.
Behind the conductor’s console and the harpsichord, the lesser is the famous Christopfer Molds, one of the main specialists in the authentic interpretations of Handel and Mozart. A great cast: Dina Kuznetsova, countertenor David Daniels, Paul Naylon. Each of them is a great professional in baroque music. The orchestra also features new instruments for the Big: theorb and wooden block flutes.
- For three days in Veliky Novgorod got acquainted with the work of the ’Bolshoi Puppet Theater’ from St. Petersburg
- Successful staging of Rimas Tuminas at the Bolshoi Theater
- Shostakovich’s mysterious opera about the hybrid of man and monkey returned to St. Petersburg after 83 years
- Sometimes they return or the new life of ’Eugene Onegin’. Understand, hear, accept
- Philosophy of Magic: The Nutcracker Ballet
- Unforgettable performances at the Bolshoi Theater
- En el Teatro. Vakhtangov fue galardonado con el premio ’Hombre del Teatro’
- The premiere of the play ’Oedipus King’ Rimas Tuminas will present in the Greek city of Epidaurus, at the Hellenistic Festival