For the first time at the Bolshoi Theater: "Rodelinda" by Handel, Tuminas and Kulyabin Automatic translate
MOSCOW. After 290 years, one of Handel’s best operas was staged on the Russian stage. The premiere of Rodelinda at the Bolshoi Theater.
About the premieres announced for the new season, many more copies will be broken, a couple of triumphs will happen, and no one is safe from the audience “boo-o-b-b-o”. But boredom in the temple of art with a chariot on the pediment in the next six months is not expected. Having secured a positive response from the brilliant Tuminas, torn between the Vakhtangov Theater and Maly in Vilnius, Bolshoi is looking forward to his “Katerina Izmailova”.
The invitation of Timofei Kulyabin to the production of Don Pasquale by Donizetti, even before the disaster with Tannhäuser, is one of the intrigues of the season. To the honor of Vladimir Urin, he did not have unexpected amnesia or any other plans that cancel the previous agreements. Paying tribute to the talent and creative pursuit of the young director, Urin admits both the probability of great success and the possibility of relative failure. He is sure of one thing unconditionally: it is at least indecent to classify a creative person as “enemies of the people” on the basis of a dubious history with “Tannhauser”.
The premiere of the beautiful opera by Rodelind by Handel staged by the superclaimed Richard Jones, who reached the Russian stage in 290 years, has already taken place. The action in it was postponed to the middle of the last century, scenography actively used the technical achievements of this century: online broadcasting and video installation. Co-production with the English National Opera (English National Opera) caused the inevitable excitement expected in all 16 contracted performances.
Behind the conductor’s console and harpsichord, the festoon is the famous Christopfer Molds, one of the main specialists in authentic interpretations of Handel and Mozart. Excellent cast: Dina Kuznetsova, countertenor David Daniels, Paul Naylon. Each of them is a great professional in baroque music. The orchestra also has new instruments for the Bolshoi: theorbs and wooden block flutes.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- For three days in Velikogm Novgorod we got acquainted with the work of the Bolshoi Puppet Theater from St. Petersburg
- Successful production of Rimas Tuminas at the Bolshoi Theater
- Schostakowitschs mysteriöse Oper über die Kreuzung von Mensch und Affe kehrte nach 83 Jahren nach St. Petersburg zurück
- Manchmal kehren sie zurück oder das neue Leben von ’Eugen Onegin’. Verstehen, hören, akzeptieren
- Philosophy of Wizardry: The Nutcracker Ballet
- Unvergessliche Auftritte im Bolschoi-Theater
- In the theater to them. Vakhtangov was awarded the prize "Theater Man"
- Rimas Tuminas will present the premiere of "Oedipus the King" in the Greek city of Epidaurus at the Hellenic Festival