Almost unknown Tchaikovsky and a new festive tradition automatic translate
MOSCOW. At the opening of the festival Christmas Fest sounded almost unknown cantata Tchaikovsky.
One New Year-Christmas tradition in Moscow has become more. To the smell of pine needles, mandarin-candy placers and the indispensable «Nutcracker» in the Bolshoi, Christmas Fest was added. The festival of classical music is held for the fifth time. At the opening, held on December 17, viewers had the opportunity to get acquainted with the early, almost unknown work of Tchaikovsky. Cantata «To Joy» was created for the final conservative exam on the ode of Friedrich Schiller. For dozens of years before, the Schiller lines were first voiced in Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. Despite the obvious success and praise of Anton Rubinstein, who recognized the completely non-pupil level of the work of the young composer, Tchaikovsky took his composition very strictly. Cantata for the choir, soloists and orchestra did not appear in any sheet music collection. The well-known publisher Jurgenson was informed of the refusal to give the composition to the press, as Tchaikovsky considered him too immature.
The work sounded at the opening of the festival is of great interest, since it clearly affects the more eminent (at that time) colleagues - Beethoven and Wagner. The spectators who attended the opening heard both the early Tchaikovsky and the late Beethoven. The concert was attended by famous soloists, the Yurlov choral chapel, Dmitry Yurovsky’s symphony orchestra and actor Sergei Kolesnikov.
There are a lot of pleasant surprises ahead: «Twelve months» with Tchaikovsky’s music, New Year’s concert with the charming Fabio Mastrangelo, jazz delights from Daniil Kramer and Armine Sargsyan and much more.
- En memoria de Polina Efimovna Weidman, el investigador principal de la creatividad de Tchaikovsky
- Gergiev, Tchaikovsky and the London Symphony Orchestra on Trafalgar Square
- "Iolanta" for the first time on the stage of the Irkutsk Philharmonic
- Peter, Boris, Alexander. All Tchaikovsky in one concert
- The Moscow Conservatory showed music. Kinestetics pending
- "Helikon-Opera" presented the second premiere of the season - the opera "Eugene Onegin"
- Dedication to three composers. On the ’Arts Square’ space is enough for everyone
- Public talk with the chief choreographer of the Perm Academic Opera and Ballet Theater named after PI. Tchaikovsky Alexei Miroshnichenko