The almost unknown Tchaikovsky and the new festive tradition Automatic translate
MOSCOW. At the opening of the Christmas Fest, an almost unknown Tchaikovsky cantata was sounded.
One New Year-Christmas tradition in Moscow has become more. Christmas Fest was added to the smell of needles, tangerine-candy placers and the indispensable "Nutcracker" at the Bolshoi. The festival of classical music is held for the fifth time. At the opening on December 17, viewers had the opportunity to get acquainted with an early, almost unknown work by Tchaikovsky. The cantata "To Joy" was created for the final conservative exam on the ode to Friedrich Schiller. For dozens of years before this, Schiller’s lines were first sounded in the 9th Beethoven symphony. Despite the obvious success and praise of Anton Rubinstein, who recognized the level of the work of the young composer at all, the Tchaikovsky took his composition very strictly. The cantata for the choir, soloists and orchestra did not appear in any musical collection. The well-known publisher Jurgenson was notified of the refusal to submit the work to print, as Tchaikovsky considered him too immature.
The work sounded at the opening of the festival is of great interest, since it feels the obvious influence of more eminent (at that time) colleagues - Beethoven and Wagner. Spectators who attended the opening heard both early Tchaikovsky and late Beethoven. The concert was attended by famous soloists, the Yurlov choir chapel, a symphony orchestra conducted by Dmitry Yurovsky and actor Sergey Kolesnikov.
There are a lot of pleasant surprises ahead: “Twelve months” with Tchaikovsky’s music, New Year’s concert with charming Fabio Mastrangelo, jazz delights from Daniel Kramer and Armine Sargsyan and much more.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- In memory of Polina Efimovna Vaydman, the main researcher of the works of Tchaikovsky
- Gergiev, Tchaikovsky and London Symphony Orchestra on Trafalgar Square
- "Iolanta" for the first time on the stage of the Irkutsk Philharmonic
- Peter, Boris, Alexander. All Tchaikovsky in one concert
- Das Moskauer Konservatorium zeigte Musik. Kinästhetik ausstehend
- "Helikon Opera" presentó el segundo estreno de la temporada - la ópera "Eugene Onegin"
- Widmung an drei Komponisten. Genug Platz für alle am Arts Square
- Charla pública con el coreógrafo jefe del Teatro Académico de Ópera y Ballet de Perm, llamado así por PI Tchaikovsky Alexei Miroshnichenko