The origins of genius, or the history of a large family
ST. PETERSBURG. The nephew of Joseph Brodsky presented a supplemented edition of his book about the poet’s family.
Everything starts from childhood. With close people, their words and actions, shaping the character, life principles, abilities. The origins of genius are often from the same source. The author of the book Joseph Brodsky and his family, Mikhail Kelmovich, the nephew of the poet, calls the warm and quivering atmosphere that reigned in the relations of the members of the large Volpert family (Maria Moiseevna, Joseph’s mother, her brother Boris, the sisters Rosa, Raisa, Dora, their family), The absolute starting point and the home birthplace of children born in it.
The desire to support each other in any situation, true, unethical intelligence, education and knowledge of languages, which had to be carefully concealed, in order to avoid repression and accusations of «wrong» origin, were the norm for this friendly family. Fertile soil for the «growth» of talent. Hence - internal freedom, the absence of slavish psychology, the strength to withstand the severe years. Such as the expulsion of the poet from the country and the impossibility of reuniting the parents with his son. The dreams of Maria Moiseyevna and Alexander Ivanovich about a meeting with him, even brief, did not come true. Older people who hoped for a miracle until the last hour, were held hostage to a ruthless system.
The book of the writer, psychologist, designer Mikhail Kelmovich, published by the publishing house «Abris», is a bizarre mosaic of memories of a poet, representatives of different generations of a large family, rare photographs and documents. It was first published in 2015. Two years later the author presented the second, supplemented edition
The choice of a place for the presentation of the book is not accidental. In the museum of Anna Akhmatova the archives of the poet’s family, his mother’s papers, photographs, notebooks are kept. In the American cabinet of Joseph Brodsky - personal belongings, handed over by his widow Maria Sozzani.
- The priceless collection of manuscripts, letters, photographs Brodsky will now be stored in Stanford
- Roman Holiday Lenore Goralik and Oli Croitor a gift from the Brodsky Foundation
- The actor, critic, director - new winners of ’Brodsky in Ischia’ Award
- ’Lenizdat’ released three-volume works of Joseph Brodsky, part of which is published in Russian for the first time
- Igor Dremin: Romantic realism. Soviet Painting 1925-1945 biennium
- ’A year in which I was born’ - the name of a show of sketch show. sozdnannogo in the Theater. Volkov metropolitan young directors
- Joseph Brodsky without myths, honestly, with love
- The museum-apartment renovated Brodsky, an exhibition of the artist Marianne Davidson dedicated to her ninetieth