The origins of genius, or the history of a large family 10/06/2017 automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The nephew of Joseph Brodsky presented a supplemented edition of his book about the poet’s family.
Everything starts from childhood. With close people, their words and actions, shaping the character, life principles, abilities. The origins of genius are often from the same source. The author of the book Joseph Brodsky and his family, Mikhail Kelmovich, the nephew of the poet, calls the warm and quivering atmosphere that reigned in the relations of the members of the large Volpert family (Maria Moiseevna, Joseph’s mother, her brother Boris, the sisters Rosa, Raisa, Dora, their family), The absolute starting point and the home birthplace of children born in it.
The desire to support each other in any situation, true, unethical intelligence, education and knowledge of languages, which had to be carefully concealed, in order to avoid repression and accusations of «wrong» origin, were the norm for this friendly family. Fertile soil for the «growth» of talent. Hence - internal freedom, the absence of slavish psychology, the strength to withstand the severe years. Such as the expulsion of the poet from the country and the impossibility of reuniting the parents with his son. The dreams of Maria Moiseyevna and Alexander Ivanovich about a meeting with him, even brief, did not come true. Older people who hoped for a miracle until the last hour, were held hostage to a ruthless system.
The book of the writer, psychologist, designer Mikhail Kelmovich, published by the publishing house «Abris», is a bizarre mosaic of memories of a poet, representatives of different generations of a large family, rare photographs and documents. It was first published in 2015. Two years later the author presented the second, supplemented edition
The choice of a place for the presentation of the book is not accidental. In the museum of Anna Akhmatova the archives of the poet’s family, his mother’s papers, photographs, notebooks are kept. In the American cabinet of Joseph Brodsky - personal belongings, handed over by his widow Maria Sozzani.
- A priceless collection of manuscripts, letters, photos of Brodsky will now be kept in Stanford
- Roman holidays Linor Goralik and Oli Kroytor as a gift from the Brodsky Foundation
- The actor, critic, director - the new winners of the prize ’Brodsky on Ischia’
- "Lenizdat" released three-volume works by Joseph Brodsky, some of which are published in Russia for the first time
- Igor Dremin: Romantic Realism. Soviet painting of 1925-1945
- "The year in which I was born" - under this title a sketch of the play was shown. built in the theater. Volkova young metropolitan directors
- About Joseph Brodsky without myths, honestly, with love
- In the museum-quartier I. Brodsky, an exhibition of the artist Marianna Davidson, dedicated to her ninety years