Meeting the descendants of the patriarch of Russian literature in Yasnaya Polyana automatic translate
YASNAYA POLYANA. In the patrimonial estate the traditional meeting of the descendants of Leo Tolstoy ended.
Once every two years, the Tolstoys come to the Tula region from different parts of the globe. The estate, acquired in the XVIII century by the great-grandfather of the writer, Prince Sergei Volkonsky and inherited from his parents by Lev Nikolaevich, has been accepted since 2000. Ancestral nest is considered one of the outbuildings with several outbuildings left after selling a large Yasnaya Polyana house.
The estate survived in the Civil and the Great Patriotic War. From plunder and arson after the revolution, she was rescued by ordinary peasants. The loss of priceless exhibits after the invasion of the fascists was avoided, thanks to their evacuation to Tomsk. The building, which survived during the war only a small fire, almost completely preserved its historical appearance. It was possible to save and a lime park, and wonderful fruit-bearing gardens, and numerous relics.
Several hundred descendants of Leo Nikolayevich live in different countries. Most of all - about a hundred - in Sweden. Among them - the famous jazz singer Victoria Tolstoy. The rest live in the US, Latin America, in different countries of Europe and Russia. The Russian branch was preserved thanks to the return to Serbia of his grandfather and father Vladimir Ilyich Tolstoy, who until 2012 held the post of director of the museum-estate. Among the descendants of the patriarch there are television presenters, art critics, writers, farmers, philosophers,
At the July meeting they were attended by about 90. Guests-relatives were able to refresh their knowledge in Russian, to learn more about the famous ancestor and the history of their branched family, to visit the grave of Lev Nikolaevich. The program of this summer also included master classes in folk crafts and a visit to the Polenovo Museum.
- The great novel of Leo Tolstoy in the British list of literary masterpieces. And this is not "War and Peace"
- Better late than never. The main novel of Tolstoy in the bestseller lists in Great Britain
- The premiere of the play ’War and Peace of Tolstoy’, which became a guide to the famous novel
- In Russia, there may appear an ethical code of artists
- Exhibition of the artist Oleg Tolstoy in the Pushkin Museum
- "The Fat Family in Venice"
- "The Awakening of Spring. Painting and Graphics by Oleg Tolstoy"
- Anniversary Exhibition Olga Tolstikova "For Peace"