Meeting of the descendants of the patriarch of domestic literature in "Yasnaya Polyana" Automatic translate
YASNAYA POLYANA. In the family estate, the traditional meeting of the descendants of Leo Tolstoy ended.
Once every two years, the Tolstoys come to the Tula region from different ends of the globe. The estate, acquired in the 18th century by the writer’s great-grandfather, Prince Sergei Volkonsky and inherited by Lev Nikolayevich from his parents, has been taking them since 2000. The family nest is considered one of the outbuildings with several extensions, which remained after the sale of a large Yasnaya Polyana house.
The estate survived in the Civil and Great Patriotic War. The ordinary peasants saved her from plunder and arson after the revolution. The loss of priceless exhibits after the Nazi invasion was avoided thanks to their evacuation to Tomsk. The building itself, which survived only a small fire during the war, almost completely retained its historical appearance. It was possible to save and a linden park, and wonderful fruit-bearing gardens, and numerous relics.
Several hundred descendants of Lev Nikolaevich live in different countries. Most of all - about a hundred - in Sweden. Among them is the famous jazz singer Victoria Tolstoy. The rest live in the USA, Latin America, in different countries of Europe and Russia. The Russian branch was preserved thanks to the return of the grandfather and father Vladimir Ilyich Tolstoy, who held the post of director of the estate museum from 2012, to Serbia. Among the descendants of the patriarch are television presenters, art historians, writers, farmers, philosophers,
There were about 90 of them at the July meeting. Relative guests were able to refresh their knowledge of Russian, learn more about the famous ancestor and the history of their branched family, and visit the grave of Lev Nikolaevich. This summer’s program also included handicraft workshops and a visit to the Polenovo Museum.
Elena Tanakova © Gallerix.ru
- The great novel of Leo Tolstoy in the British list of literary masterpieces. And this is not "War and Peace"
- Better late than never. Tolstoy’s main novel on UK bestseller listings
- Die Uraufführung des Stückes "Krieg und Frieden von Tolstoi", das zum Leitfaden des berühmten Romans wurde
- An ethical code of artists may appear in Russia
- Exposición del artista Oleg Tolstoi en el Museo Pushkin
- "La familia Tolstoi en Venecia"
- "El despertar de la primavera. Pintura y gráficos de Oleg Tolstoy"
- Exposición de aniversario de Olga Tolstikova "Por la paz"