The 19th International Book Fair Automatic translate
ODESSA. The XIX International Book Fair “Green Wave” together with the III Odessa International Korneychukovsky Festival of Children’s Literature summed up the results of this year. According to the organizers, during the days of cultural events more than 15 thousand inhabitants and guests of Odessa visited Deribasovskaya.
So, 110 publishing houses and bookselling organizations from many countries of the world took part in the Green Wave. Book expositions abounded with literary, artistic, popular science, children’s, educational, scientific, reference, graphic, socio-political and cartographic publications in different languages.
In parallel with the book fair in Odessa, the final stage of the III Odessa International Korneychukovsky Festival of Children’s Literature was held. This year, over 900 applications from Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Germany, Latvia, the USA, Belgium, Australia, Israel, Norway, Tatarstan and other countries were sent to the organizing committee to participate in the competition.
The awards were handed out in eight categories, among the winners the youngest writer is 18-year-old Odessa citizen Yekaterina Arnaut, who took third place in the category of “Prose for older children and young people”, and the oldest — 73-year-old Anatoly Kachan, laureate in the section “Poetry for children". In the nomination "Prose for young children" among foreign authors, the winner was Alexandra Zaitseva, a Novosibirsk poetess, author of the book "Little Tales about the White Crow named Klava."
In addition, as part of the Green Wave, the organizers held more than 60 important events. One of these events was the IV charity event “Books for the orphanage”, held with the support of the exhibition and the Korneychukovsky festival. The purpose of the action was to collect cultural and developmental books for orphanages and boarding schools in Odessa and the region. During the days of the campaign, in total, the organizers collected more than 500 good, useful books that will be sent to children in the near future.
Svetlana Korableva © Gallerix.ru
- Odessa Museum of Western and Eastern Art
- The eternal return of Kira Muratova. Year after anniversary
- The program of the festival "Silent Nights" announced
- Odessa will host the first international literary festival
- The 19th International Book Fair "Green Wave" will be held in Odessa
- "Tinplate" - Odessa shocked by contemporary artists?
- "Estado vulnerable" - la exposición final de residencias de arte SWAP: UK / UKRAINE 2018 en Odessa
- Graffiti fest ALARM en Odessa: 40 escritores crearon un objeto de arte de un centro comercial en dos días