In New York was awarded the best translators of Russian literature Automatic translate
NEW YORK. On May 29, at one of the oldest New York bibliophile clubs - the 130-year-old Grolier Club, a solemn ceremony of announcing the winners of the largest translation award Read Russia English Translation Prize 2015, awarded for the best English translation of works of classical and modern Russian literature.
The winner of the award was the writer Oliver Redi for the translation of Vladimir Sharov’s work «Before and During.» As the jury noted, Redie’s translation is not perfect, but of excellent quality. He managed to convey the intricate train of thoughts of the writer, which combines love for Lenin and Christ, who tries to deal with the legacy of the Bolsheviks and at the same time prays for the sinner of Ivan the Terrible.
At the decision of the Prize Committee, Vladimir Sharov’s book «Before and During» translated into Oliver Redi’s cycle «The Russian Library». This cycle is a collection of one hundred works of Russian artistic poetry, prose and drama, published in the best English-language translations.
Also, two translators were not disregarded, which last year had a great success in the literary field. This is Rosamund Bartlett and Marian Schwartz, who designed the translation of Leo Tolstoy’s «Anna Karenina.» The jury noted their special prize «Hero of literary translation».
The Read Russia Prize was established as part of the Read Russia project by the BN Foundation. Yeltsin with the support of the Institute of Translation and the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications in order to popularize and disseminate Russian classical literature outside of Russia.
- What are dyes for concrete
- El museo Erarta presenta una caricatura soviética y moderna
- A girl born inaudible represented Russia at the International Music Competition
- El 9 de julio, comienza en Moscú la carrera internacional de expedición-motor "Call of the Ancestors"
- Askar Shaikhutdinov about the features of photographing metallurgical and industrial enterprises
- Exposición "Antes de la elección en el laberinto de la vida".
- La novela de Walt Whitman ’La vida y aventuras de Jack Angle’ se encuentra en 150 años