Writer Vladimir Sharov became the winner of the Russian Booker Automatic translate
MOSCOW. This year, the writer Vladimir Sharov became the owner of the prestigious prize in the field of literature “Russian Booker”. A competent jury of the award recognized his novel "Return to Egypt" as the best work in Russian. The laureate received an award of 1.5 million rubles.
The book “Return to Egypt” is a story narrated through letters from a family with family ties to Nikolai Vasilyevich Gogol. Each member of this family dreams of adding Gogol’s poem Dead Souls. This fall, the novel "Return to Egypt" entered the top three winners of the Big Book national literary award. Other books by Vladimir Sharov include the works The Old Girl, Before and During, Rehearsal, Be Like Children.
The short list of participants of the 23rd season of “Russian Booker” included six nominees: “The Key. The Last Moscow ”by Natalia Gromova,“ Free Will ”by Viktor Remizov,“ Biography of Peter Stepanovich K. ”by Anatoly Vishnevsky,“ The Marble Swan ”by Elena Skulskaya,“ The Abode ”by Zakhar Prilepin and“ Return to Egypt ”by Vladimir Sharov. In total this year, 85 works by Russian writers were nominated for participation in the competition. Also, four universities, eight journals, nine libraries and 43 publishing houses took part in the nomination process.
Last year, writer Andrei Volos with the novel “Return to Panjrud” became the winner of the Russian Booker. The book tells about the rich Tajik poet, whom envious people blinded, slandered, and he was exiled to the distant village Panjrud.
Svetlana Korableva © Gallerix.ru
- Conservatory with a glorious past and a great future
- Exhibition "The Great Russian Collector. Gifts of the Moscow collector Felix Evgenievich Vishnevsky - Irkutsk"
- Maria Vishnevskaya. Nina
- Preservation of free musical education for adults is a chance for new Vishnevsky, Lisitsian and Khiley
- Men’s finale of the opera singers memorial competition
- "Iolanta" for the first time on the stage of the Irkutsk Philharmonic
- Festival de Rostropovich en Orenburg: el regreso de los antepasados a su tierra natal
- Marianna Kornilova: Grigory Gromov. Toda la vida en el arte. Sin citas y contexto.