Writer Vladimir Sharov became a laureate of the Russian Booker automatic translate
MOSCOW. This year, Vladimir Sharov, the author of the prestigious Russian Booker Literature Prize, became a writer. The competent jury recognized his novel «Return to Egypt» as the best work in Russian. The laureate received an award of 1.5 million rubles.
The book «Return to Egypt» is a story, narrated through letters from one family, which has family ties with Nikolai Vasilyevich Gogol. Each member of this family dreams of finishing the poem «Dead Souls» by Gogol. In the autumn of this year, the novel «Return to Egypt» was included in the troika of winners of the national literary award «The Big Book». Other books by Vladimir Sharov - works «The Old Girl», «Before and During», «Rehearsal», «Be like children».
In the short list of participants of the 23rd season of the «Russian Booker» were six works-nominees: «The key. Last Moscow «by Natalia Gromova,» Free will «by Victor Remizov,» Life of Peter Stepanovich K. «by Anatoly Vishnevsky,» Marble Swan «by Elena Skulskaya,» Abode «by Zakhar Prilepin and» Return to Egypt «by Vladimir Sharov. In total this year 85 works of Russian writers were nominated for participation in the contest. Four universities, eight magazines, nine libraries and 43 publishing houses participated in the nomination process.
Last year, the writer of «Russian Booker» became the writer Andrei Volos with the novel «Return to Panjrud». The book tells of a rich Tajik poet, whom envious persons blinded, slandered and he was exiled to a remote village of Panjrud.
- Conservatorio con un pasado glorioso y un gran futuro
- Maria Vishnevskaya. NINA
- The preservation of free music education for adults is a chance for the new Vishnevsky, Lisitsian and Healy
- Male final of the memorial contest of opera singers
- "Iolanta" for the first time on the stage of the Irkutsk Philharmonic
- Rostropovich Festival in Orenburg - the return of the ancestors to their homeland
- Marianna Kornilova: Grigory Gromov. All life in art. Without quotes and context.
- Finalists of the ’Big Book’ will visit Barnaul