"Watercolor. XX century" - a large-scale exhibition in the Museum of Art Archangelsk 06/04/2018 automatic translate
ARKHANGELSK. Within two months visitors to the Arkhangelsk Museum of Fine Arts will be able to see the exhibition "Watercolor. XX century ", which opened on March 31. Such a large-scale exhibition, dedicated to watercolor painting, takes place in the Museum of Fine Arts for the first time. The exhibition houses about 70 watercolors written by nine northern artists.
At the opening of the exhibition art historian Zoya Kuleshova told the guests about the criteria by which the organizers selected the works presented in the exposition. Many artists like to paint watercolors, but most of the works collected in the exhibition space belong to artists who chose watercolor as the main visual technique.
One of the Arkhangelsk artists, Herman Kononov, is better known as a painter. However, his watercolor works, written in the 30s of the last century, are so interesting that the creators of the exhibition considered it their duty to show them to the public.
Other artists whose works became participants of the exhibition, also own different techniques of painting, however, they became known as fine watercolors. Their works, included in the exposition, are united by the technique of performance, but they all differ in style, character, and manner of writing.
In the central part of the exposition there are watercolors with landscapes of the Russian North. In the works of northern artists the nature of the North occupies an important place. Polar Hibiny, wharves on the banks of leisurely rivers and northern villages - watercolors painted by artists at different times, open to the visitors the quiet beauty of the North.
Most of the watercolors included in the exposition belong to the museum’s collection. Some works for the time of the exhibition were provided by the authors and their heirs.
- Arkhangelsk in the middle of the last century at the exhibition of the painter Herman Kononov
- Encuentro creativo con el fotógrafo Vladimir Ryabkov: de Khibiny a Chukotka
- Rostov art connoisseurs in the regional museum of Fine Arts will see ’The Magic of Watercolor’
- Clase magistral sobre acuarelas
- "20/40, paisajes de acuarela, estaciones"
- "Acuarela". Exposición de obras de Eleonora Zharenova
- "Metaphors of watercolors" - an exhibition of the artist Lisa Nevinna in the Kaluga ICC
- Exposición para el centenario del maestro de acuarela de Ekaterimburgo Boris Semyonov se inauguró en la casa ’Poklevsky-Kozell House’ IEC