In honor of the anniversary of the Irkutsk artist Alexander Shipitsin, an exhibition of graphics was opened in the Bronstein Gallery Automatic translate
IRKUTSK. Viktor Bronstein’s Gallery celebrated the anniversary of the Irkutsk graphic artist Alexander Shipitsyn with the opening of an exhibition of his works. This year, Honored Artist of the Russian Federation, whose work adorns private and museum collections in different countries, celebrates her eightieth birthday. The opening of the exhibition of Alexander Shipitsin, considered the creator of the Irkutsk graphic school, took place on March 14.
There are about 40 graphic works in the exhibition hall, some of which are executed in black and white, some are colored. The exhibition also includes pencil drawings. Themes of the artist’s work are diverse. On many of them, Alexander Shipitsyn reflected his impressions gained while traveling around the country.
Visitors to the exhibition will see works dedicated to the problems of Lake Baikal, BAM, and the village. However, most of the paintings depict the unique historical center of Irkutsk. On some of them, viewers can see the city in a festive decoration, looking elegant and even pompous. On others, the author invites you to get acquainted with cozy courtyards hidden from the bustle of the city.
Presented at the exposition are graphic works included in the series “Irkutsk, 100 etchings”. These works are made in a complex and rare technique - color etching. Alexander Sergeyevich mastered this type of engraving back in the 70s, while studying at the Moscow Polygraphic Institute.
Alexander Shipitsin is also known as a wonderful illustrator. For many years he created illustrations for books published by the publishing houses of Irkutsk and Moscow. On his account more than 30 books published with his illustrations. To this day, the artist continues his pedagogical activity, which he began back in 1976.
The exhibition of graphics by Alexander Shipitsin is open in the Gallery until April 8.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Matvey Bronstein and his "Solar Matter". Return
- The exhibition "Image and Word", dedicated to the decoration of book publications, is open in the "Gallery of V. Bronstein"
- Nacht der Museen 2017 in Irkutsk "V. Bronstein Gallery"
- Autorenexkursion des Sammlers Viktor Bronstein
- Vorführung des Films "Legenden vom Baikalsee". ART Samstag in den Hallen des „V. Bronstein Galerie ”
- Exposición "Alexander Sergeevich Shipitsyn. En el 80 aniversario del autor"
- "Alexander Shipitsyn and students" invite visitors to the exhibition