"Living Chronicle of War" at the Victory Museum - dedication to the legendary wartime exhibition Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Opened at the end of last week, a large-scale exhibition at the Victory Museum, its creators dedicated to the anniversary of the exhibition, which was held 76 years ago in the halls of the Tretyakov Gallery. In the fall of 1942, visitors came to the famous gallery to see the works of artists united in an exhibition with a laconic name - “The Great Patriotic War”.
This exhibition worked until the end of 1943, and then the works included in its exposition were stored in museum collections. The exposition dedicated to the anniversary of the exhibition of the war years is presented as the "Living Chronicle of the War." Its scale struck the imagination of the first visitors - the Victory Museum provided 24 exhibition halls for its exhibition space for the exhibition, 200 artists became its participants.
The real treasure of the exhibition were paintings, the authors of which are twenty artists who participated in the legendary exhibition of the war years. Seven leading museums took part in their unification in a single exhibition space. Some of the works needed restoration before the exhibition.
In total, the exhibition features works by 56 artists who were witnesses and participants in military events. The remaining works belong to artists of different generations, among whom are our contemporaries. At the opening of the exhibition, Alexander Shkolnik, director of the museum on Poklonnaya Hill, noted the special value of works created in wartime.
The opening exhibition, dedicated to historical events, gathered a variety of exhibits - from painting to sculptures. The creators of the exhibition devoted one of its sections to the music of the war years. “70 Victory Melodies” has become a section telling museum visitors about the role of music created in wartime.
The exhibition is open until the end of September next year.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the Oryol Museum presented the exhibition "City and People", dedicated to the 450th anniversary of the formation of the Eagle
- The Tretyakov Gallery takes a step. Igor Shelkovsky. "People" Gift of Alina and Dmitry Pinsky
- Igor Dryomin: "Vadim Kosmachev. Der Atem der Skulptur"
- "Tretyakov Gallery" will show an exhibition of new graphics in the museum fund
- El proyecto Tretyakov "Mapa de oro de Rusia" - el recuerdo de artistas olvidados
- Una exposición en la Galería Tretyakov está dedicada a la memoria de Leonid Astafiev