"Alice in Wonderland" in the gallery "Altmans Gallery"
MOSCOW. Gallery «Altmans Gallery», located in the «Novinsky» shopping center, last weekend presented its guests the work of the Spanish surrealist Salvador Dali. The main part of the exhibition «Alice in Wonderland» was 12 author’s lithographs, supplemented with etching, created by Salvador Dali based on the book of the same name, written by Lewis Carroll.
Each of the engravings, placed in the exposition, is devoted to one of the chapters of the work. Reflecting in them the plot of the book of Carroll, as a central image, uniting a series of lithographs, Daly saves Alice. The heroine of the famous book travels through drawings, takes to the depths of their fantasies, drawing readers along.
In each of the engravings, the artist accompanies Alice not only with the recognizable characters of the work, but also includes their own leitmotifs. The exhibition received the title of the book not only because most of Dali’s works, presented in the exposition, are dedicated to her heroine.
Another reason for this name was the writer’s anniversary, celebrated in 2017. Since his birth, 185 years have passed. In honor of the anniversary guests of the exhibition could also see the schedule of Dali from another series created by the Spanish artist - «Tarot Cards». The basis for the creation of this series were the classic Tarot symbols, but in Dali’s own vision.
Each of the cards is made in the form of an intricate «collage». Most of the artist decorated his signature. This series of drawings was to appear in one of the series of films «Bondiana».
Deliberately working on the deck, Dali did not have time to fulfill it in time. Therefore, the film showed the work of another artist. At the exhibition you can see three works of this series.
Works for the exhibition, open before April 23, provided the gallery of Monaco and the Salvador Dali Foundation.
- Director Yuri Norshtein will present the book ’Snow on the Grass’ as part of his anniversary exhibition in Altmans Gallery
- "The artist draws a film." Yarbusov and Norshtein. Exhibition for the 75th anniversary of Yuri Norshtein in Altmans Gallery
- In the repertoire of the Novosibirsk Musical Comedy appeared a musical about the adventures of Alice in Wonderland
- Alice spoke in Altai thanks to Kuler Tepukov
- Rare edition of ’Alice’ in 1865 can be purchased for several million dollars
- "Alice in Wonderland" was presented on the stage of the Ryazan Drama Theater
- Exhibition of graphic artist Yuri Vashchenko - illustrations for English fairy tales
- Exhibition of students of the studio of Marianna Kornilova in the gallery ’On Novinsky’