Museum them. Pozhalostina represents the work of American artists. born in Russia Automatic translate
KNITTING. Since March 5th at the Museum. Pozhalostina opened an exhibition where connoisseurs of pictorial art living in Ryazan will be able to get acquainted with the artworks of American artists of the 20th century. The peculiarity of this exhibition is that all the artists whose works are displayed in the exhibition halls are from Russia.
Most of them left their hometown in the 40-50s, so they are referred to as the "second wave of emigration." If the artists who went abroad immediately after the revolution are well known, then the representatives of the “second wave” are less familiar in the Russian art world. Although a significant number of them achieved fame in the cultural environment of the United States and European countries.
To date, this exhibition has been shown only in the capital. Ryazan was the first Russian city to come to exhibits provided by the House of Russian Abroad, bearing the name of Solzhenitsyn. The exposition, composed of 70 works, is located in two halls of the museum.
She represents 17 authors, whose paintings and drawings returned to Russia with the help of relatives, patrons and the artists themselves. At the opening of the vernissage, one of its participants arrived - artist Veronika Gashurova. This amazing woman is a student of Sergei Gollerbach, a famous art critic and artist. His works are also present in exhibition halls.
Veronika Gashurova had plans to travel to Paris, but she decided to visit Ryazan at the opening of the exhibition. In her welcoming speech, she said that although the influence of the West is visible in the works of artists, the presence of the Russian soul in them is obvious. Although many of them have already passed away, while the audience is interested in their work, they live. Torn away from their homeland for a long time, the artists returned with their paintings.
The exhibition is open until May 5th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Die Uraufführung des Stückes "Egoists" im Ryazan Drama Theatre
- In the museum to them. Pozhalostina showed an exhibition of collections in the last five years
- Victor Ivanov’s traditional exhibition “Summer Results” opened in his art gallery
- The Ryazan Puppet Theater successfully hosted the premiere of "Cinderella", created using modern technology
- The artist Elena Gontarenko presented her unique tapestries in the museum to them. Pity
- The British philologist donated a large archive of documents to the Esenin Museum
- The exhibition "St. Petersburg meeting" is waiting for the residents of Ryazan in the museum. Pity
- Sergey Ryazansky. Earth in the porthole. 12+