The Moscow gallery ’Our artists’ presented paintings by Christian Krone automatic translate
MOSCOW. The metropolitan gallery «Our artists» continues to acquaint fans of fine art with the names of talented artists, mostly acquaintances only to specialists. The exhibition of painting opens this time about the work of the artist from Norway, Christian Kron.
Although in our country (Moscow and Kiev) he lived and worked not too much time - a little more than ten years, but in the creative career of the artist these years were the most important. There is only one article for the catalog to the exhibition, written by George Kovalenko. This work was the only study of the life and work of Christian Kron, which collected everything that is known about the artist.
The exposition includes forty canvases from private collections, supplemented with one picture from the Hermitage collection. All the paintings belong to different periods of creativity of Crohn, so it becomes obvious that the greatest interest is caused by works of the Russian period of the artist’s life.
Although in some canvases Krona clearly visible influence of famous modern artists (Matisse, Derain, Gris), however, the artist was often invited to participate in exhibitions of Russian avant-garde artists. He took part in the collaboration of artists «Jack of Diamonds», and a well-known connoisseur of modernism, collector Sergei Shchukin, commissioned Krohn two of his portraits.
In addition to works by Christian Kron, there are no picturesque images of the famous collector. Both paintings are kept in the Hermitage, from where one of them, a breastplate, is presented at the exhibition.
After his departure to his homeland, to Norway, Christian Krohn continued to paint, was quite popular. However, such vivid, unique works that were created in the «Russian» period of creativity, more was not written.
- "Russian avant-garde from Norway. Xan and Julia Kron"
- "Rakurs Chupyatova" - the creativity of the deceased in the blockade of Leonid Chupyatov
- In the gallery ’Our artists’ a large-scale exhibition of works by Alexander Benois
- The mystery of the appearance of the white spot in the picture of Edward Munch ’The Shout’
- Norwegian and Russian historians published a joint book ’Russia is getting closer’
- House of Edward Munch reveals his secrets
- An unknown picture of Van Gogh found in the attic in Norway
- Frescoes of Picasso in Norway under the threat of destruction