Moscow gallery "Our Artists" presented the paintings of Christian Krohn Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The metropolitan gallery "Our Artists" continues to acquaint lovers of pictorial art with the names of talented artists, mostly known only to specialists. The opened painting exhibition this time will tell about the work of the artist from Norway, Christian Krohn.
Although in our country (Moscow and Kiev) he did not live and work for too much time - a little over ten years, however, in the creative career of the artist, these years were the most important. There is only one article for the catalog for the exhibition, written by Georgy Kovalenko. This work was the only study of the life and work of Christian Krohn, which contains everything that is known about the artist.
The exhibition included forty paintings from private collections, supplemented by one painting from the Hermitage collection. All canvases belong to different periods of Crohn’s work, so it becomes obvious that the work of the Russian period of the artist’s life is of most interest.
Although the influence of famous modernist artists (Matisse, Derain, Gris) is clearly visible in some of Crohn’s canvases, however, the artist was often invited to participate in exhibitions of Russian avant-garde artists. He took part in the community of artists “Jack of Diamonds”, and the famous connoisseur of modernism, collector Sergei Schukin, ordered Kron two of his portraits.
In addition to the works of Christian Krohn, picturesque images of the famous collector do not exist. Both canvases are stored in the Hermitage, from where one of them, the chest, is presented at the exhibition.
After leaving home, in Norway, Christian Kron continued to paint, was quite popular. However, such vivid, original works that were created in the “Russian” period of creativity were not written more.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Vanguardia rusa de Noruega. Ksan y Julia Kron"
- "Racurs Chupyatova" - the work of Leonid Chupyatov, who died in the blockade
- In the gallery "Our Artists" a large-scale exhibition of works by Alexandre Benois
- Das Geheimnis der Erscheinung des weißen Flecks im Bild von Edward Munch ’The Shout’
- Los historiadores noruegos y rusos han publicado un libro conjunto "Rusia se está acercando"
- Edward Munch House Reveals Its Secrets
- Unknown Van Gogh painting found in the attic in Norway
- Frescoes by Picasso in Norway under threat of destruction