17th-century paintings at the exhibition "The Age of Rubens" in the Kaliningrad Gallery Automatic translate
KALININGRAD. On April 18, the Kaliningrad Art Gallery hosted the opening of the Rubens Century exhibition. Before the opening ceremony, gallery staff met with media representatives. The works of the painters included in the exhibition were provided by the State Hermitage from its collection.
Artworks that arrived from St. Petersburg belong to the brush of painters who wrote their works in the 17th century Flanders. The creators of the exposition gathered in a single space paintings on biblical and mythological subjects.
The inhabitants of Kaliningrad got the opportunity to see the masterpieces of painting, thanks to the celebration of the anniversary of the Hermitage at the end of this year - one of the country’s main museums will turn 250 in December. As part of the anniversary year, Hermitage employees organize exhibitions from their collection in many Russian cities.
Since the Kaliningrad Gallery also celebrated its anniversary last year, only more modest - a quarter century from the date of its creation, this prestigious exhibition site of the city was granted the honorary right to host an exhibition of masterpieces of world significance.
Visitors to the exhibition will be able to see 36 prints and 30 paintings. Among them, in addition to mythological subjects, still lifes, portraits and hunting scenes are presented. Most of the masterpieces presented at the exhibition belong to the “cabinet painting”.
This name was used in the 17th century for small canvases, which served as an ornament for “cabinets” - premises where private collections of works of art were stored. Engraving “St. Catherine of Alexandria ”, performed by one of the greatest artists in the world - Peter Rubens.
The exhibition is open on August 17th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- London dealer solved the mystery of the picture of Rubens
- Arrestaron a 12 personas que robaron pinturas del Museo de Verona
- Westeuropäische Malerei
- Italian politicians and art critics accuse each other of stealing $ 16 million
- Seven Beit Fund paintings will not be auctioned by Christie’s
- Figure by Rubens found in the archives of the University of Britain
- Belgium asks France to return the picture of Rubens "The Triumph of Judah Maccabee"
- The Russian Drama Theater from Lithuania took part in the Baltic Seasons