Pictures of the 17th century at the exhibition ’The Age of Rubens’ in the Kaliningrad Gallery automatic translate
KALININGRAD. In the art gallery of Kaliningrad on April 18, the opening of the exhibition «The Century of Rubens» was held. Before the opening ceremony, the gallery staff met with media representatives. The works of the painters, included in the exposition of the exhibition, were provided by the State Hermitage from its collection.
Arrived from St. Petersburg works of art belong to the brush painters, who wrote their works in Flanders in the 17th century. The creators of the exposition gathered pictures in a single space devoted to biblical and mythological subjects.
To see the masterpieces of painting the inhabitants of Kaliningrad were given an opportunity, thanks to the celebration of the anniversary of the Hermitage at the end of this year - one of the main museums of the country will turn 250 in December. Within the framework of the jubilee year, Hermitage employees organize exhibitions from their collection in many Russian cities.
Since the Kaliningrad Gallery also celebrated its anniversary last year, only more modest - a quarter of a century from the day it was created, this prestigious exhibition area of the city was given the honorable right to host an exhibition of masterpieces of world significance.
Visitors can see 36 engravings and 30 paintings. Among them, besides mythological subjects, there are still-lifes, portraits and scenes of hunting. Most of the masterpieces presented at the exhibition belong to «cabinet painting».
This name was used in the 17th century for canvases of small sizes, which served as a decoration for «cabinets» - premises where private collections of works of art were kept. The pearl of the magnificent exposition was the engraving «St. Catherine of Alexandria «, executed by one of the greatest artists in the world - Peter Rubens.
The exhibition is open on the 17th of August.
- El vendedor londinense resolvió el enigma de la pintura de Rubens
- Arrested 12 people who stole paintings from the museum of Verona
- Western European Painting
- Italian politicians and art critics accuse each other of stealing $ 16 million
- Seven paintings of the Beit Foundation will not be sold at Christie’s auction
- Figure Rubens found in the archives of the University in Britain
- Belgium asks France to return the painting by Rubens ’The Triumph of Judas Maccabee’
- A las "Estaciones Bálticas" asistió el Teatro Dramático Ruso de Lituania