Exhibition of the artist Kari Suomalainen in St. Petersburg Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Institute of Finland, located on Bolshaya Konyushennaya Street, has opened an exhibition of works by the artist Kari Suomalainen, one of the most famous caricatures in Finnish art culture. This exhibition was a joint project of two museums located in Finland, and the Institute of this northern country in St. Petersburg.
At the opening of the exhibition, fans of Finnish culture were welcomed by the director of the institute, Ellina Kahla. In her welcoming speech, she noted that the work of Kari Suomalainen is not only a political caricature, he created vivid and accurate images of people in drawings devoted to family values, the decline of morality. First of all, he is a brilliant artist, so he can be called the voice of the people living in the time when he created his works.
Then, a member of the group of translators who participated in the preparation of the exhibition, Yaroslav Novikov, spoke to the audience. She spoke about the difficulties that accompany their work. Making inscriptions on his drawings, the artist often used various dialects existing in the Finnish language, which greatly complicated the work. However, through the efforts of translators, it was possible to find the most accurate translation of his words.
The exhibition’s exposition included not only about fifty cartoons by Kari Suomalainen, but also books, including his works, as well as a diary with memoirs written by the artist’s wife. According to visitors to the exhibition, the sketches presented, touching on “eternal” topics, remain clear and relevant today, but cartoons dedicated to historical events sometimes require clarification.
The exhibition, which is located on the third floor of the House of Finland, will wait for visitors until September 6th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Japanese mania in the art of the northern countries
- "Nariz" Shostakovich en Finlandia. Obra maestra prohibida de lo absurdo
- No hay rusos en la final de la competencia Sibelius Young Violin
- Kino Lokakuu Russian Film Festival kicks off in Helsinki
- New and old Russian cinema included in the program of the DocPoint festival
- Exposición de Rafael Sayfullin "Pequeña Finlandia"
- Advantages of medicine in Finland. Do I need Cialis. Advantages and Nuances
- Exposición Cómica Tempora Mutantur (Finlandia)