Ten unknown works by Karl Bryullov at the exhibition in the Russian Museum automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. In the Russian Museum on August 27, the opening of the exhibition of works by Karl Bryullov took place. The uniqueness of this exhibition is that of the thirteen paintings submitted to visitors to the Russian Museum, ten works of the artist had not previously been seen even by museum specialists.
Some of these works in the catalogs dedicated to the work of Bryullov were marked with a note about the unknownness of their location. For several months the paintings were on examination, subject to thorough verification of authorship. Only when the experts confirmed that these paintings really belong to Brullov’s brush, an exhibition was opened at the Mikhailovsky Palace.
At the opening of the event, Grigory Goldovsky, representing the painting department of the 18th and 19th centuries, said that before the appearance of these works everyone believed that the legacy of Karl Bryullov was so well studied that there was no hope of finding anything new. However, even after this discovery new discoveries are possible, since its watercolors are widely spread over private collections.
Eight works, out of ten found new paintings by Bryullov, were in private collections of connoisseurs of painting in St. Petersburg. In November, after the closing of the exhibition, they will return to their owners. Unfortunately, the Russian Museum does not have the opportunity to purchase these paintings for its collection, but experts unanimously affirm that if there were funds to buy at least one picture, the priority would be for the portrait of Princess Gagarina with her sons.
This portrait is the main exhibit of the sensational exhibition that was opened, it was considered lost during the entire twentieth century. All the works collected at the exhibition were purchased at private auctions held recently by foreign collectors.
- "Trois grands portraitistes" de la collection du Musée russe sont présentés aux habitants de Mourmansk
- "Sueños rusos" de Georgy Shishkin en la exposición en el Museo Ruso
- The Russian Museum presented the exhibition ’Vasily Kandinsky and Russia’
- "Ostroumova-Lebedeva - Artist and Collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum
- A large-scale exhibition dedicated to the era of Peter the Great opened in the Russian Museum
- In the art museum of Belgorod, an exhibition of works by Russian painters - ’The Ages of the Connecting Thread’
- Exhibition ’Russia. Realism. XXI Century », presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists
- El Museo Ruso celebró el jubileo de Vasily Vereshchagin con una exposición a gran escala