The Hermitage opened an exhibition dedicated to the Italian collector automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. In the Hermitage Armorial Hall on Friday, July 12, the opening ceremony of the exhibition was held for the first time, dedicated not to the artist’s work, but to the famous art historian and collector Denis Maon. Journalists and art historians could get acquainted with the exposition of the exhibition «From Guercino to Caravaggio» and hear a short story of the director of the Hermitage Mikhail Priotorovsky about the personality of the famous collector.
From the 13th of July until the 1st of September the exposition of the exhibition is available for everyone who wants to get acquainted with the work of Italian artists of the 17-18 centuries. Curators of the exhibition, selecting the works presented in its exposition, reflected the idea of Denis Mahon, who dreamed of collecting in one exhibition hall paintings from his collection and the work of his most beloved Italian painters.
Visitors to the exhibition will see not only the paintings of Caravaggio, Guercino and their contemporaries, who were part of the Denis Maon collection, and then decorated the museums of Italy, but also the canvases kept in the Hermitage. Conquering the collector’s creativity Guercino pushed Maon to study the rich history of Italian painting, and the result of this activity were the discoveries associated with the canvases belonging to the brush of Caravaggio.
The exhibition includes seven works by Caravaggio. This is a small number of paintings, however, since they are written at different times, then you can get a full impression of his work on them. One of the famous works, Lutnist, is from the Hermitage collection. Entered in the exposition one of Guercino’s early works, «The Madonna and the Sparrow,» shows how early the artist’s talent was formed. Even before the age of thirty, the painter created many of the famous canvases.
By the opening of the exhibition an illustrated catalog was published.
- Private collection of Italian art is transferred to the galleries of Great Britain
- The Hermitage Days opened in the Hermitage-Vladivostok exhibition
- The leadership of the Hermitage supported the initiative of the conductor of the symphony orchestra of the Philharmonic Nikolai Alexeyev about the joint project
- Permanent exhibitions of the Hermitage were replenished with pastels of French artists of the 19th and 20th centuries
- TripAdvisor made a hit parade of world museums. The Hermitage - 6th
- "The Ball of History" on the Palace Square of St. Petersburg in honor of the 250th anniversary of the Hermitage
- "Southern Hermitage" presents an exhibition of Crimean and Russian painters
- Pictures of the 17th century at the exhibition ’The Age of Rubens’ in the Kaliningrad Gallery