Landscapes of Baikal and St. Petersburg at the exhibition of Nikolai Zhitkov in Irkutsk Automatic translate
IRKUTSK. An exhibition of his works was opened in the halls of the Diaz art gallery in the evening of May 17, timed to coincide with the Day of Remembrance of the Irkutsk painter Nikolai Zhitkov. At the same time, this solo exhibition became a dedication to the 75th anniversary of the artist. Unfortunately, Nikolai Zhitkov did not live a few years before his anniversary, but his work to this day serves as an example for young artists who are just starting their way in painting.
The exposition of the exhibition is composed of paintings and graphic works by Nikolai Zhitkov. The organizers of the exhibition decided that those who wish to purchase the artist’s paintings will get this opportunity. Pictures of Nikolai Zhitkov are already an adornment of the collections of art connoisseurs from many foreign countries.
Irkutsk is the hometown of Nikolai Zhitkov. Here he was born in 1938, graduated from the art school, and after graduation he worked in the creative workshops of the Russian art fund. In the art museum of his native city in 1988, the first personal exhibition of the painter took place.
On the way to the first solo exhibition was twenty years of constant participation in exhibition projects at various levels - from regional shows to foreign ones. In 1975, Nikolai Zhitkov became a member of the Union of Artists of the Russian Federation. Although his works are very diverse in theme, but the direction was chosen initially - he was primarily a realist artist.
In his creative heritage landscapes and portraits are presented. He painted different people, the main criterion for choosing a nature for the portrait was the artist’s interest in a particular person. Zhitkov’s landscapes had his favorite themes - Petersburg, Samarkand and Baikal, which forever won the heart of the artist.
The exhibition, where the famous and first exhibited works of N. Zhitkov are presented, is open until June 22.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Ausstellung von Nikolai Zhitkov zum 80. Geburtstag des Autors
- Gemälde sibirischer Künstler in der Ausstellung "Holy Baikal"
- Zu Ehren des Jubiläums des Irkutsker Künstlers Alexander Shipitsin wurde in der Bronstein-Galerie eine Grafikausstellung eröffnet
- Orientalischer Kalender - Grafiken von taiwanesischen Künstlern im Irkutsk Museum
- In the museum to them. Sukachev opened an exhibition of Ivan Blokhin, a famous painter from Chita
- Museum them. For the first time in Irkutsk, Sukacheva presents the work of the Yakut artist Kirill Gavriliev
- "Boris Lebedinsky. Painting, Graphics" - an exhibition in the Museum. Sukacheva
- Anniversary exhibition of the artist Nikolai Tarasik in the Irkutsk Art Museum