Landscapes of Nan Hoover from the famous Montevideo collection Automatic translate
MOSCOW. On January 17, a powerful exhibition of works by the artist Nan Hoover, based on the Montevideo collection of the Amsterdam media art archive, will start in Moscow. You can visit the exhibition until February 4 at the ArtPlay Design Center.
Nan Hoover’s work is an attempt to combine fine art and various media genres. The artist, whose life ended in 2008, sought to study body plastics, both with the help of traditional painting methods and with the help of video editing techniques.
Turning to a detailed examination of the human body, she created abstract landscapes. The space of which was enlivened by the play of light and shadow, was filled with energy thanks to the unobtrusive and somewhat blurry symbolism.
The presented exhibition contains the most striking works of Nan Hoover, collected in the Montevideo archive, so it can be considered a kind of retrospective work of the artist. By visiting it, you can fully understand the features of this outstanding talent and plunge into the exciting and disturbing world of contemporary art!
- "SeedShaker: esperando un entorno favorable y el momento adecuado"
- Channel "Spas" zeigt die Schreine Russlands
- Exposición "Ciudad de los medios"
- Proyecto multimedia de Olga Gurevich y Natalya Sitnikova Relic light
- Exhibition "New Codes of Art. Media Art from the Rodchenko School".
- ARTnews and Art in America merged into the largest art publication in the world