More than 200 works presented at the exhibition in memory of the artist Boris Katkov Automatic translate
VORONEZH. The memorial exhibition "On the Other Side…", dedicated to the memory of a member of the Union of Artists, Boris Alekseevich Katkov, began its work in the Museum of Art. Kramskoy. The exhibition presents the artist’s work, performed by him in various genres - painting, graphics, sculptures. Never before has the master’s heritage been shown in such a volume - the exhibition’s exposition includes more than 200 works by Boris Katkov in different years of his life. The exhibition covered the time of the artist, from the sixties of the last century to his last works.
The exhibition housed not only the work of Boris Alekseevich, familiar to all connoisseurs of painting. Among the paintings on astronauts, the earthquake in Spitak, portraits of local celebrities, the organizers of the exhibition placed watercolors lost in the artist’s workshop. Many of the works shown at the exhibition were a discovery, even for close friends of the artist.
This is not the first time that Boris Katkov has surprised colleagues - even his first exhibition, held in 1976, has become a precedent. Instead of the usual portraits and landscapes, allegorically sharp allegories for that time appeared on the walls of the museum hall - a poet enclosed in a golden cage holding a bird, paper people, fairly wrinkled by life, an angry bull attacking a defenseless naked bullfighter. Boris Katkov was called the artist of the conflict, which in his work appeared not only in the subjects of compositions, but also in the color palette of paintings, and in their contrasts.
Boris Katkov participated in the creation of city memorials, his works adorn the collections of many museums and private individuals. The artist was also engaged in the design of theatrical productions.
The exhibition will continue until February 17th.
- Artist and outstanding teacher Sergey Katkov - 100-year-old memory of a great soul!
- "Steppengeschichte" des Künstlers Zorikto Dorzhiev im Museum. Kramskoy
- "Exercises from redneck" - eine Ausstellung zum Jubiläum des Künstlers Alexander Nozhkin
- "Das Land der Nachtigallen" - Kursker Künstler zeigen den Bewohnern Woroneschs ihre Werke
- The anniversary exhibition of the Voronezh artist Ksenia Uspenskaya opened in the Museum. Kramskoy
- Woronesch Drama ihnen. Koltsova hat die Saison "Cherry Orchard" beendet
- Museum them. Kramskoi presented a retrospective of the work of Sergei Romanovich
- Oper "Heimat der Elektrizität". Durch Dornen zum Betrachter