Japanese painting of the 18th – 19th centuries became public Automatic translate
On October 22, the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts announced the opening of a unique electronic catalog of Japanese graphics, which included about 700 of the finest examples. Moreover, most of them were made in the style of theatrical prints (ukiyo-e), as well as the landscape genre (mitate-e and e-goyomi).
The museum staff took about 2 years to digitize these works of art, but the result is amazing. Amazing works that would have been impossible to present to the world in a full collection within the walls of the museum are now available for viewing around the clock on the portal japaneseprints.ru .
Refined images of Japanese beauties, warriors, sumo fighters, virginally beautiful landscapes, wild birds, butterflies and flowers - I would like to admire these engravings as eternally as sakura blossoms. The electronic catalog is made with sincere love, therefore it is as concise as the great masters whose works are presented in it. There is nothing superfluous - only important information and treasured engravings, which can be studied in as much detail as possible.
Each engraving is accompanied not only by detailed information about its name, author, approximate creation time, technique of execution, but also by a very capacious commentary explaining the depth of the poetic image hidden in the work. Thanks to this, not only professionals who have spent years understanding this peculiar culture, but also those who are completely unaware of this art form will be able to feel the greatness of Japanese graphics.
- Vladimir Center for Fine Arts presented to the public reproductions of Van Gogh’s works, made in digital giclee technology
- In the Pushkin Museum to them. Pushkin opens exhibition of works by Giorgio Morandi
- A unique exhibition of tactile paintings "See the invisible" in the museum to them. Mashkova
- A unique exhibition of engravings by Goya and Dali was opened at the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts
- In the Pushkin Museum to them opened another new exhibition "Piranesi. Before and after"
- Raphael’s exhibition opened at the Pushkin Museum
- The exhibition of Lev Bakst, which opened in the Pushkin Museum, was visited by the first visitors
- The Pushkin Museum. A.S. Pushkin will take part in the "Night of the Arts"