Exhibition of artist Oleg Tolstoy in the Pushkin Museum Automatic translate
In the Moscow Museum named after A.S. Pushkin on Prechistenka, August 21 opened an exhibition that is interesting not only for the opportunity to see the work of a talented artist, but also for the fact that this painter is the great-grandson of the brilliant master of the word - Leo Tolstoy. This year, Oleg Tolstoy, an artist who worked mostly as a landscape painter, would have turned 85 years old.
This year, as usual, two years after the previous gathering, a traditional congress of Tolstoy descendants who live all over the world is going to gather. The exhibition is dedicated to this extraordinary event, which allows the close and distant relatives of the famous philosopher and writer to meet.
The exposition of the anniversary exhibition of the artist Oleg Tolstoy presents more than eighty works that were stored both in the collections of Russian museums and in private collections of the Tolstoy family. Some of the paintings are first shown to outside connoisseurs of painting. The exhibition, where visitors can see both paintings and graphics, was given a name associated with the genre, to which the artist devoted most of his talent - “Preserved Landscape”.
Oleg Tolstoy received his art education from such famous masters as Deineka and Sokolov-Skal. During his studies, he took part in well-known projects - the design of the All-Union Exhibition of Agriculture, Kievskaya Metro. Oleg Tolstoy’s painting “The First Horse” was exhibited at a Moscow exhibition dedicated to the 1957 international festival, where it was awarded the second prize.
The artist’s works are written in places that are associated with his famous ancestor - the middle strip of Russia, but he also loved the discreet beauty of the Russian north. He drew his inspiration from the peace of nature.
- The great novel of Leo Tolstoy in the British list of literary masterpieces. And this is not "War and Peace"
- Meeting of the descendants of the patriarch of domestic literature in "Yasnaya Polyana"
- Better late than never. Tolstoy’s main novel on UK bestseller listings
- Die Uraufführung des Stückes "Krieg und Frieden von Tolstoi", das zum Leitfaden des berühmten Romans wurde
- An ethical code of artists may appear in Russia
- "La familia Tolstoi en Venecia"
- "El despertar de la primavera. Pintura y gráficos de Oleg Tolstoy"
- Exposición de aniversario de Olga Tolstikova "Por la paz"