Exhibition of the artist Oleg Tolstoy in the Pushkin Museum automatic translate
In the Moscow Museum named after A.S. Pushkin on Prechistenka, on August 21, an exhibition opened, which is interesting not only for the opportunity to see the work of a talented artist, but also because this painter is a great-grandson to the brilliant master of the word, Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy. This year, Oleg Tolstoy, an artist who worked mostly as a landscape painter, would have been 85 years old.
This year, as usual, two years after the previous gathering, a traditional congress of the descendants of the Tolstoy family, who live all over the world, is going to. The exhibition is timed to this extraordinary event, which allows to meet close and distant relatives of the famous philosopher and writer.
The exposition of the jubilee exhibition of the artist Oleg Tolstoy presents more than eighty works that were kept both in the collections of Russian museums and in private collections of the Tolstoy family. Some of the paintings are first shown to third-party art lovers. An exhibition where visitors will be able to see both paintings and graphics received a title related to the genre to which the artist devoted most of his talent - «The Reserve Landscape».
Oleg Tolstoy received his art education from such famous masters as Deineka and Sokolov-Skal. During his studies he took part in well-known projects - the design of the All-Union Exhibition of Agriculture, the Kievskaya metro station. Painting Oleg Tolstoy’s «First Horse» was exhibited at the Moscow exhibition, dedicated to the international festival in 1957, where she was awarded the second prize.
The artist’s works are written in places that are associated with his famous ancestor - the middle band of Russia, but he also loved the low-key beauty of the Russian north. He drew his inspiration in the peace of nature.
- The great novel of Leo Tolstoy in the British list of literary masterpieces. And this is not "War and Peace"
- Meeting the descendants of the patriarch of Russian literature in Yasnaya Polyana
- Better late than never. The main novel of Tolstoy in the bestseller lists in Great Britain
- The premiere of the play ’War and Peace of Tolstoy’, which became a guide to the famous novel
- In Russia, there may appear an ethical code of artists
- "The Fat Family in Venice"
- "The Awakening of Spring. Painting and Graphics by Oleg Tolstoy"
- Anniversary Exhibition Olga Tolstikova "For Peace"