Memory of the distant war - 1812 in the Russian Museum automatic translate
The year 1812 was a real test for the Russian Empire. During the year, battles with the army of Napoleon were conducted on the territory of the country. The cruelest battles demanded from the nobility and the common people the manifestation of the best, heroic qualities. Only a fervent love for their land helped break the French army’s offensive, warming our soldiers from within during the hard winter days.
Therefore, the exhibition, opened in the Russian Museum on July 11 and dedicated to a great, albeit old, victory remains very relevant. Times change, like battlefields. The main thing remains. The works of 19th century artists testify to the fact that the Russian army helped to win. Picturesque portraits OA. Kiprensky, showing the best mental and physical qualities of commanders and ordinary soldiers.
However, the exposition allows you to get acquainted not only with portraits of such great figures as Davydov, Kutuzov or Barclay de Tolly, but also with numerous caricatures of the behavior of both armies executed by Ivan Terebenev and AG Venetsianov. And, of course, a special place was given to the unique bas-reliefs of Feodor Tolstoy. All these evidence of a distant victory can not but inspire! And will be very interesting to all lovers of history. Thanks to him, the events of the war two hundred years ago come to life and again amaze us with their splendor!
- The Hermitage continues to exhibit paintings dedicated to the military period of 1812
- "I love you, Peter’s creation ..."
- Exposición de obras de Nikolai Davidov ’EN EL BORDE DE LOS CRUCES Y LA LATITUD DE LA BIENVENIDA ...’
- Summing up the results of the All-Russian Contest for the design of the interior decoration of St. Sava’s church in Belgrade.
- "The Fat Family in Venice"